Monday 6 March 2017

Lucy Heath and Indie (Stillmoor Winter Sun)

I live with my 6 dogs and 1 cat in Lincolnshire. Ash, an 11 year old Shetland Sheepdog, Trent, a 10 year old Smooth Collie, Indie, a 9 year old Border Collie, Foxy, a 4 year old Border Collie, Trip Hazard, a 3 year old Pomeranian x Maltese, Dizzy, a 1 year old Pomeranian x Maltese and Littlepuss, a 10 year old Siamese cat. 
Trip is an Advanced Freestyle and Intermediate Heelwork dog (and made it to the final of Britain's Got Talent 2016) and Foxy currently competes in Intermediate Freestyle and Heelwork. 

I started competing in September 2010 with Indie (Stillmoor Winter Sun) and we won up through the classes incredibly quickly. Indie has qualified for the Crufts finals in 2013, 2015 and 2016 where she took 3rd place in the Heelwork to Music final, which was the highlight of our Heelwork to Music career so far. 

Indie is very experienced and won the ITV show That Dog Can Dance on Boxing Day 2012, got 4 yeses and a standing ovation on her Britain's Got Talent audition 2015 and does advertising work.

Indie is the dog of my dreams and I couldn't wish for a better dance partner. She lives to train and work and she would never let me down - her only "issue" is getting too excited about working and sometimes being vocal. She is a complete "goodie two shoes" and so willing and obedient in every day life - she lives to please me and is a pleasure to live with. 

I let Indie down in the Crufts semi finals this year, due to being away from home for so long during the run up to the show in Pantomime with Trip, so I am absolutely honoured that we have been selected as the Heelwork to Music reserves for TEAM GB. I am excited to knuckle down and focus on Indie's routine and even if we are not competing, it will be a great experience to travel abroad with such a talented group of trainers - some of which I used to sit and watch when I was younger and only dream that I could do what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment