Saturday 4 March 2017

Kath Hardman and Denby (Stillmoor Extra Special HTM A Ex, FS A Ex)

TEAM GB for Heelwork To Music and Freestyle
TEAM GB Team Manager


I have been successfully competing with my dogs in Heelwork to Music since 1999 and with these dogs, I have been entertaining the crowds at Crufts nearly every year since 2001.

Heelwork To Music is a huge part of my life, keeping me very busy helping with the development of the sport, as a member of The Kennel Club, The KC Judges Working Party and The KC HTM Working Party along with being a founder member and Competition Manager of a nationwide KC Registered HTM Club, Canine Freestyle GB which holds two successful and popular weekend shows each year.
Denby and Kath - they compete in Obedience too.

In March 2008 at CRUFTS, I competed with my Crossbreed Spice and won The Freestyle Final and then a couple of days later we went on to represent England in The International Freestyle Final which we are very happy to say we won. 

Spice and Kath Crufts Freestyle & International Winners 2008
In October 2010, at the Inaugural FCI World Championships at the World Show held in Denmark, with my Border Collie Amber (Stillmoor Lady In Red), we were proud to be selected as part of HTM Team GB, when the TEAM GB was placed second in the Team Championship and I was delighted that Amber and I were the highest scoring individuals gaining the Inaugural FCI Individual HTM World Championship title.
Amber and Kath being awarded the FCI World HTM Individual Championship
Photo Allan Brown
Following this, in October 2011 and September 2013, I was again selected with Spice and Amber to represent Great Britain at the Open European Championships in both Freestyle and Heelwork to Music.   And we were also selected for Team GB in 2014 where I competed with three of my dogs, Spice, Amber and Denby and we were delighted when HTM Team GB were placed second. 
Kath and Denby   Photo Allan Brown
I have also been honoured to judge the HTM and Freestyle Competitions at Crufts twice, the first time in 2006 and my second appointment was in 2012.  I have also judged at the Open European Championship in The Czech Republic in 2012 and judged at the World Dog Show in Finland in August 2014.

I have contacted all the handlers selected for TEAM GB and they are all honoured to have been chosen and very excited at the prospect of representing Great Britain in Belgium at the Open European Championships 2017.   I am also extremely proud and lucky to be asked to lead such a strongly talented group of highly motivated individuals.

Good Luck to all the Teams travelling to Belgium for this exciting Championship, and most of all, Good Luck 
Team GB!

No comments:

Post a Comment