Saturday 4 March 2017

Kim Lyddon and Tyler (Canen You Said What FS A Ex)

Team GB for Freestyle

I’m excited to be part of Team GB for the first time representing them in the OEC Freestyle Championships.  

I live, with Tyler my red and white Border Collie, in Cheshire along with Archie my 5-year old Pyrenean Sheepdog and the newest addition to my dog team, Rio a 5-month old chocolate and white border collie.  I have been in the sport for 6 years and focus on competing in Freestyle with both Tyler and Archie.  Like me they both love the sport.   
Kim with Tyler
Tyler and I have achieved great success coming runner up in the Crufts Freestyle Competition in both 2015 and 2016.  We are delighted to be in the Crufts Freestyle Final once again this year.

I started Heelwork to Music by chance at a club I attended where I originally intended to do obedience training and competing at Crufts.  I noticed they did Heelwork to Music classes and thought I’d have a go.  I was hooked and we’ve not looked back since.  I chose Freestyle because I love combining training my dog to do great fun moves together with the creative challenge of choreographing a story to music.
Kim and Tyler - Crufts 2015
It is amazing to think I have gone from watching those I admire in the sport to being mentored, encouraged and trained by them.  It has been a joy and I have enormous respect for all those in the sport who have made me so welcome. 
Kim and Tyler - Crufts 2016
I am now in the wonderful position of welcoming and training others who want to enjoy and experience this fun sport with their dogs.

Finally, I’d like to wish every success to all the competitors from all countries participating at the Open European Championships in Belgium.

No comments:

Post a Comment